Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mrs. McDougall The Vet

The Vet
A special commission from Mr. McDougall to Mrs. McDougall.  She just graduated from vet school and they're expecting a new addition to the clan.  Lots of exciting things happening in their lives so he wanted something special to commemorate the moment.  Thanks for choosing me to do this, I'm honored!

Mrs. McDougall

Eagle on Canoe
He requested a carving of an eagle.  They also love canoeing, so I combined the two.  I tried carving the whole canoe but it wouldn't fit given the scale of the eagle.  I ended up with a half canoe sticking out of the water.  I think it turned out very well!

4 comments:

Kochy said...

wow - beautiful work

Diem Chau said...

Thanks Kochy :)

Pamela said...

I am in awe of these amazing works that you do. I hope you don't mind but I posted a little piece about you on my blog along with your pics of Mrs. McDougall the Vet.

I can't even express to you how your work tickles my imagination and inspires me!
Thank you!

Diem Chau said...

Thanks for the post Pammalu :)